Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Week Six: Student Debt

That Wednesday's's assignment allowed me to stay on campus for the better part of the morning. President Obama launched his new plan to lessen the burden of federal loans on students and I was asked to get student reaction to the plan and the stories of UD students carrying debt. It was nice to wake up a little later!

After speaking to a few students in Trabant, I traveled to Rutger's Camden to get the perspective of some New Jersey students. After a semi-dramatic episode in the parking lot ( I was accosted by a strange man who, unsolicited, "fixed" my car and asked for money in return), I got some great interviews with students carrying debt in Rutger's student center.

Then I headed to the newsrooom, where I tapped out my notes and sent them to the reporter writing the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment